Friday, January 6, 2012

VISA!!! + Q&A

Can I get a WOOT! WOOT!
The long waited for words were said this morning - "Moises's VISA should be printed Monday!!"
Oh those precious words.
This means I can travel - like SOON!
Up to this point I have been doing relatively well at containing my excitement, so I would not set myself up with false expectations.. but now with those words.....
Well, I've lost it!!

This also calls for a "WEAR your SHIRT and PRAY day" for Monday, Jan. 9th.  We need some prayer for safe travel, decisions, preparing to leave our kiddos, VISA's for the other families traveling from our agency. (Still have a few shirts left - size adults - med. or large-- bargain price of $15)  If you want one let me know.  Got a few more pictures that came in... but if you haven't got me one - puhleaze do!!  I would love it for Moise's book.  (e-mail to fullertessy@yahoo.com)

I jumped on the bed after I got off the phone with Julia and shouted - "We are going to Africa!! We get to go get our boy!"  and uh, well Craig was still in bed.  And you know what.. he groaned at me.  GROANED and mumbled something about how it was too early to go to Africa and he would be excited when he was on the plane.

So after slightly losing my composure and dancing to "FINALLY" by CeCe Peniston (Tami and I's song :-D) my kids think I've lost it.

Still not for sure, for sure yet when we will travel but soon - like the next two weeks soon!!  Holy Cow monkeys!!!  So even though I've had in my mind we would be traveling around now, I've learned you just don't count your chickens before they hatch when it comes to adoption.

Q&A?


Why are you blogging and not packing? (Do you even know me?)  You know I have to write/vent it all out.

What happens when you get there?  We sleep/recover for a day and then we go get Moise at the orphanage.  He then comes back with us to the hotel and we wait for a exit letter to be issued so we can bring him HOME!  (So please pray whatever week we travel for a timely exit letter & safe travels)  I have heard the flight home can be a challenge so please pray for Moise.  All this will be so new and scary for him.

Will we be able to get updates while you are in country?  We hope to be able to update our blog, but internet connection is hit and miss.  We will also be bonding with our new son.  I am going to do my best to get at least text messages to Shauney -- and she can keep you updated.  She will be our PR person while we are away.  :-)

Will Moise speak English? No, he will not.  He will primarily speak Lingala and maybe a little bit of french.  He will catch on to English quickly and we will communicate a lot through pantomiming at first.  I have learned a few basic Lingala phrases so hopefully that will get me through.

When will I get to meet him?  I have already talked to many of you about this and watched you pout about it, but for the first month or so we will be keeping it very low key and focus on adjusting to our new family.  In adoption terms we call this cocooning.  We have not really established a set time to cocoon - we will play it by ear and see how things go.  I will do my best (within reason of time) to update when I can a few pictures and updates during this time so your not like totally dying and doing drive-by's.  This is very important for the attachment process.  For the first two weeks home we will be exclusively cocooning with just our lil family of six.  He will be getting to know his brothers and sisters *tears*  Depending on how that two weeks go we will start introducing him slowly in small gatherings to various family members.  Like you just stop by all causal :-)  No big parties and everyone staring at him wanting to squeeze the bejeezits out of him - sorry!!  You will have to contain yourself.  We will see how all this goes and then decide when his first church service will be.  (typing this is making me want to leave like right NOW)  I can't wait for that!!  I can just see him walking into a sea of blue shirts who have prayed and loved him home!!!  I don't know how you all are going to be normal on this day, but do your best to act as normally as possible (this will be harder for some-ha ha), not speak loudly or in a french accent, or pet him.  :-)  However, I encourage you to raise your hands, sing as loudly as you can, and praise God for His amazing goodness and blessing of having Moise there, with us, with his church family.  You all have been a vital part of bringing him home.  I am thankful that their is no language barrier with the Holy Spirit.  He will know you are his family by your love.  :-D Our tentative plan right now is to cocoon for a month with limited contact with the outside world.

Is there anything else I can do?  Pray!  Pray for safe travel & exit letters. We will need your prayers to fill in the gap, while we are recovering from jet lag and adjusting to all this newness.  Pray for Moise, for his little heart, for continued healing and that the spirit will lead us on parenting as we get to know him.  Jenn Hatmaker, an adoptive mom & amazing writer, wrote a great article about just these type of things called "How to be a Village"  I think it gives a good inside look for how to be supportive in these next stages we will be in, so give it a read.  Also, with much of our attention centered on Moise, it would be great if you want to spoil Avery, Aleigh, or Ryan for a day.  :-)  They would appreciate the extra attention... and affirm the they are still important too!!

I think I have covered it.... back to losing my mind with unbridled excitement.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I would be jumping on the bed too! So very happy for you. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how the rest of your adoption process goes and will definitely be praying for you!

    (Nyki McNamee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!!! Woohoo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be praying! So thrilled for you. We are with the same agency and love hearing of other's journey, especially these most exciting times. I can't wait to see the homecoming pictures and him surrounded by all his loving family and friends! Enjoy every second!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. The you jumping on your bed and your husband grumbling is sooooo us! But the great side of my husband not getting crazy excited is that when I am falling apart emotionally and asking him if we have made a terrible mistake starting out on this journey he is the one to grab me by the shoulders, make me look in his eyes and tell me in complete confidence, "NO! We are NOT making a mistake. God has called us to this and He will see us through."
    I WILL be following your blog for details. SOOOOOO exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...