Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why do you blog? + Blog Hop

I started Divine Moments to chronicle our adoption journey.  I continue to blog at Divine Moments because even though Zalen is home, the journey continues.

I also blog because I hope to provide a community feel for the network of adoptive families out there who are in all stages of adoption.  During my process the online community helped me so much to navigate through each step.  They cheered with me through the paperwork trail and cried and prayed me through when emotions took their toll.  In many ways, I just want to give back.

Also this blog has helped me to find my place after the airport.  I have rallied with some great non-for-profits.  Some of my friends and family have not been called to adopt but through our adoption process have been moved to also be a voice for the least of these.  I want to continue to provide opportunities for those who have a heart for the orphan to get involved.  Whether it be to sponsor a child for school, buy a mosquito net, or donate $7 for a pillow.  Also, many after adopting feel a bit lost (I know I did) as they try to figure out how to respond to the need they were made aware of after traveling.  I am hoping to rally with them to become a team that is continuing to fight for the DRC.  Feature Friday was created to show case those committed to justice for the orphan, mainly focusing on the efforts in the DRC.

In an effort to get us more united I want to start a Wednesday Blog link-up called "Stir it Up".  This isn't limited to only those adopting, but anyone who has passion for stirring up one another to love deeper.  The general rule is, link-up and then show the love by clicking on the blog post linked before yours and leave a comment.  I know we have limited time and busy lives but maybe that one comment will encourage someone that day.  If you are the first one to link-up, leave a comment on this post.  I kinda like comments and to know what you are thinking :-)  I am hoping that this will add a community feel to the blog that it seems to be lacking.

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works" Hebrews 10:24

If you have never done a blog link up before here is how to link-up:

Step #1: Scroll to the bottom of the post for the link party in which you would like to link up to. At the bottom there will be a button that says "add your link" 
 
Step #2: Click on the "add your link" button and the screen will pop up a place to add your information.
 
Step #3: Entering your information. Where is says "URL" that is where you are going to paste the link to your post you would like to share. It is important that you put the link to the specific post and not just a link to your main page in this spot.  Where it says "name" it is wanting the title to the post that will be featured... not your actual name.  Where it says "email" add in your email. This is not shown on your link to anyone except me, the host of the link-up.

Step #4: Click the button that says "Next step".

Step #5: Now it will take you to a screen that has pictures that can be found on your blog. Pick the picture that you feel represents your post the best.  


Step #6: Click on the blog link-up before yours and leave a comment. 

 
 

Loading InLinkz ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...