Wednesday, August 1, 2012

VBS & KaKa update

What up my blog reading peeps?

I'm dragging.  Just relished a silent bowl of ramen noodles.  Even Miss Mae gets to nap today b/c VBS is wearing us down. 

Time is ticking, the calendar is full, and back to school is happening way sooner then I am ready.  Taking the twins to Kindergarten screening on Monday -- I will be an emotional mess Aug. 16th... probably for a week as I try to figure out my new world without them.  The crew down to two this year... Zalen and I will babysit my niece Kinnly.

I have good blog posts all written up in my head and heart but I have no time to sit and write.  Just ramble as I am doing now.  I think I am due a 2 month post on all the happenings of Z-man.  Long story short.. He is doing amazing and cracks me up.  He is loving VBS.  He loves attention and all the kids.  He loves the music and I love watching him dance and do the actions.  His tongue hanging out the entire time of course.  It cracks me up.  Another great thing is that our mission is to raise $$ for mosquito nets.  So far the kids have raised enough money to buy 15 nets.  I am very proud of them.  Last night, Pastor made it a bit more real by calling Zalen up front and sharing with them that he was from Africa and while he was there he had malaria.  For some reason that moment was a bit surreal for me.  It is not like you ever will forget but I have been distracted lately in my own little world.  That alone woke me up a bit made me remember and feel a raw place in my heart for the DRC.

Zalen giving $$ to buy nets

Grooving to the tunes.  The dude has an amazing ability of producing crazy dance moves through his shoulders.  Is this a Congolese thing?  Just curious.  I have never seen a person shake their shoulders so much when dancing.

Also my heart has been full and rejoicing at updates from DRC about Kaka.  Kaka was the orphanage that gripped my heart so deeply and the one we worked hard on raising $$ for.  The place where the school is to be built.  Part of the funds raised were used to build beds for the children.  Do you remember my pictures?  This was one of the rooms.... and the only bed.  



An update from J. our beautiful Mama of the Congo...
  "Went out to KaKa and saw the beds being brought to them.  Some of these children are 14 and have never slept off the floor.  How exciting that was to see.  I love their enthusian and the missionaries made outfits for everyone."

I will hopefully be able to share pictures of the beds when J. gets around to sharing them.  The school has started construction.  I am so excited about this!!   I am more then excited!!  Thank you to each of you who helped raise $$ for this project.  My church family took a special offering for it and several of you gave donations and helped with the yard sale.  I still dream to travel back to Congo upon the completion of the school.

More later, time to get ready for VBS!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...