Website: Heaven Scent Bonding Blankets
Recently Rebekah has started a business/ministry called Heaven Scent Bonding Blankets. The blankets are hand made and used to promote bonding between parents and children when they have to be separated. I would of loved to purchase these blankets for my niece who had twins who had a 2 month stay in the NICU.
Here is a personal note from Rebekah from her website:
"During this dark time in our lives, it was extremely difficult for me, as a mother, to find ways to bond with my son. It was very forgeign to have to ask for help to hold him, to change his diaper, to feed him and to do all the things that are "normal" for a mother to do for her child. I knew that scent is one of the most powerfulbonding tools between a mother and child, but I also knew I could not be there in the NICU with him all the time. So, I created these bonding blankets so that my scent could always be with Trenton when I could not be. It was a healing tool for my mother's heart, as well as a comfort for my very sick son."
I am sharing about this product because these bonding blankets would be a great gift for an adoptive family who is separated from their child. It was even suggested that we sleep with a blanket if possible and send it so the child could begin to familiarize with the child with the scent of their family. Some adoptive families are able to send care packages to their children and others are not. However, this would be a great blanket to purchase to travel with as well. Many times only one family member is able to travel so it could mean a lot just to send a blanket with the mom/dad/sibling's scent on it along with the one who does. Scent is one of the primary ways that parents bond with their children. So weeks before the blanket can be snuggled with, sealed in a ziploc bag, and packed for travel until they get to experience their long awaited for "Gotcha Day!"
The blankets are made from very soft pre washed flannel and/or fleece and are approximately 25x25 inches (perfect for the airplane ride home). Each one is unique and quilted with her own personal design. Check out her various services here ------------> Browse our Services
Whether it is for a preemie or an adoption check out this unique line of separation bonding blankets. I know as an adoptive mom I would of been deeply touched to receive this gift. Please share the word about this amazing product and the amazing mom who continues to touch others through this beautiful ministry. As she stitches she is also dedicated to praying for the families who will receive the blankets.


No comments:
Post a Comment