Tuesday, June 28, 2011

OFFICIAL REFERRAL & Yard Sale Fundraiser

WE HAVE our OFFICIAL REFERRAL!! An adorable little boy named Moise. So we are very busy trying to raise the funds needed to accept this referral and begin paperwork to bring him home. So last weekend we had our first big fundraiser. (other then our coffee link (which we are still doing) & the Jordan Essentials party) A garage sale. Thank you to all those that helped out, donated items, and baked cookies.

Our garage sale had a very interesting start.... It decided to pour down rain, so much so that our garage started flooding and I had to try to rescue many items that were sitting on the floor. As our first customers arrived I was bailing water out of the garage with a dust pan. But, as I did so I was humming "Praise God in this Storm" I quickly swallowed the negativity I felt brewing. I had resolved to trust God with whatever the day had in store.

Well needless to stay... the weather stayed gloomy and wet. We went for a hour and half with not a single person arriving. The sun finally came out right before we closed up. God stayed my heart every time I wanted to fret or complain. I admired Aleigh tearfully from afar. She stuck it out in the weather in her rain jacket all day - never complained once. She sold her cookies and an occasional glass of lemonade. She was so professional at her important job to raise money for her little brother that even I had to pay for my glass of lemonade. She explained to me how it wouldn't be fair to charge other people and give me one for free. So I dug out my wallet to find some quarters. :-D

Many Thank Yous.....Thank you so much Jenny for sticking with us the entire day and eating all those cookies. Thank you to all of you who baked cookies. You were a great help!! I just have to thank Lynndel and Lauranna again also who helped out a ton as well. Of course thank you for all of you who donated items, especially Marilyn. I am so thankful for my friends and family. Thank you for each of you who prayed - I needed those prayers to keep the negativity away and the joy in my heart.

When my dad stopped by he told Aleigh that she should be selling coffee and hot chocolate on such a cold rainy day so after he left we were discussing selling warmed up lemonade and if it would be good or not. Then Aleigh grins and says "I think it would be too much like pee then" We all got a good chuckle at that.

So I know you all are wondering where we are at...On Sunday we reached the $500 mark. We are inching closer... I know God will provide. I just have to trust in His timing... It just important to get this chunk of the foreign fee raised as soon as possible due to the time frame of the paperwork involved in the steps ahead. So the sooner, the better. I thank each and everyone who are rallying with us to bring this precious little boy home. If you would like to see his picture - please message me privately as I am not sharing his picture publicly at this time.

Some of you have asked how can we pray? Just pray that God will continue to strengthen our hearts as we wait. "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Psalm 27:14 -- Pray that our home study wraps up soon (May have a first proof on Monday) Pray that our family will get some of the adoption grants that we will be applying for soon.

Please pray that the rest of the funds that we need at this point ($2,000) will be provided. We are working on T-shirts for our next fundraiser.

I am praising God for what He has provided so far. Humbled by the love of people, moved by the love my children already feel for their brother, thankful for joy in a day others would deem a disaster.

Keep praying..... :-D




Fundraising Ideas
powered by:
Easy Fundraising Ideas

3 comments:

  1. sendin' some more help your way today <3 love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your referral! How old is he?
    So exciting!

    Prayers for your family!

    Kathleen
    www.ourtreeofhope.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your referral and raising more funds to bring your little one home. You have a great attitude. God WILL provide! Look forward to keeping up with your family.

    Lindsay
    proverbs2412.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...