Monday, June 20, 2011

Exciting Father's Day :-)

We went to the farm to spend time with Pom-Po (my dad). I made him a peach pie, his favorite. I made Craig raspberry cheesecake, his favorite. The kids were enjoying the outdoors and were siked to be at the farm.  A few days at the farm with Pom-Po this next week meant lots of fun.

Dad said I needed to check out the berries, as the rain had helped them along. Many were ripe and waiting to be picked.  I put on my brother's pants over my shorts and pulled a pair of his long socks up over them (to fend off ticks and posion ivy) and went picking. I was quite the sight :-) My gallon coffee container filled up quickly after Pom-Po showed me a prime berry picking spot in the shade.  A cool breeze blew every once in awhile and it was just beautiful.  I was startled by a buzz in my pants. I had forgotten that I tucked my phone in my pocket. You know how I am with my phone, I never have it with me.  Here I was out in the middle of the woods and it was a miracle in itself that I even had my phone with me.  I saw it was from our agency.  My heart started beating...

I answered.....and it started out a little something like "Remember how we said we had a possible referral?" Butterflies fill up my stomach.  I continued to listen as she told me about a three year old little boy.  I asked a few questions.  She answered.  "Do you think you would be interested in this referral?" 

I tried to conceal my emotions and not shout..."Yes, I am very interested in learning more about this referral!"

We chatted a bit more and then said our good-byes.  It was then that it all hit me and I sat in the raspberry patch with tears streaming down my face, praising God for working in a way that only God can work.  I skipped, Yes skipped back to the house excited to gather the family together and share this incredible news.  It was a way better gift for Father's Day then raspberry cheesecake. 

I have a name.  I will soon see a face.  Will you please pray as we wait anxiously?!  As we scramble to come up with the rest of the funds that we need to accept this referral.  Our yard sale fundraiser is this weekend.  Our home study is being wrote up as we speak.  Things are moving forward.  In the next few weeks we need to come up with at least $2,500.  I know God will provide the means, since He has opened this door before we ever expected it.  In the next 4-5 months we will have to also raise the rest of our foreign fee.  For now we are concentrating on the funds needed to accept this referral.  One step at a time.

Thank you for your prayers and all your support. This is so exciting for this mommy's heart. If you live locally, hope to see you at our yard sale. The kids will be selling cookies and lemonade. If you don't live locally and it is on your heart to donate we have a chip-in button below that will go directly to our pay-pal account. Thank you for investing into the life of a child through your prayers, support, encouragement, time etc.... This is a God sized journey we are on and what a peace and comfort it is to know we are not going at it alone. We are surrounded by family, friends and people I have not even met that are marching along with us.

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.-- Psalms 68:5-6

I added the thermometer to keep track of the total funds from chip-in plus donations we have received. (Sold a few yard sale items early)



Fundraising Ideas
powered by:
Easy Fundraising Ideas

4 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD TESSY!!!!! How awesomely exciting....and on father's day!!! I can't even imagine, I bet your heart hasn't slowed down yet. What a blessing to be on this journey with you. I am going to be able to help you out some Monday of next week! Love you & God will provide all you need to get this child home to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!! Praying and can't wait for more news!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a God sized journey you called it. so true. and i am celebrating with you and for you yet another step on this path to bringing your child home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tess, You can now see beauty in all of Gods creation, a stickery berry patch with poison ivy and ticks. You will never forget that moment. Caring about others, the thing that you do best, you will be so blessed. Can't wait for the arrival, this will test your patience, but I know you always put God first. It will be OK

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...