Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My heart is longing for an array of pixels

So excited for so many in our Connected by Congo group that are nearing the finish line. My heart and prayers are connected to faces and people I do not know. Yet, I stand on the sidelines as they run the race... cheering them on, praying for endurance and mercies along the way.... Praying for smooth appointments, piles of paperwork that will not need revision, VISA's issued without delay, and safe traveling mercies....

And as each new picture pops up here and there my heart squeezes a bit with a hope that soon I will receive an array of pixels that come together to show me a son that God has chosen for our family far before I even knew it. I find myself without words so many times to even grasp that He chose us for this. Some can not see past the price tag of adoption... I am probably blind by love but all I see is this amazing gift that God chose for our family and I am just accepting it... humbled, awed, and overwhelmed at what God is giving to me.

I must admit at the beginning of the journey I was a bit naive, thinking I was somehow saving a child. This is simply not so. If anything this child is saving me. Opening my eyes, stripping off my layers of ignorance, engaging me in divine moments that without him I would have missed.

My blood work finally came in. All our physical papers are in the mail for the home study. References are trickling in one by one - just a few last things on the check list for the home study....

1 comment:

  1. We too are adopting from DRC, and are just waiting to pass court any day. This "Connected by Congo" group, is it a yahoo group? Any chance you'd be able to connect me to it?

    Many blessings on your beautiful journey!
    Donna
    www.the-scotts.info/apps/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...