We had our first home study visit yesterday and it went really well. I instantly felt at ease with our case worker J. as she was really nice and personable. We did some more paperwork and received our next assignments to do our auto-biographies. We even talked about different mission trips we had been on. It was a productive meeting and we scheduled our next two visits. Our individual interviews for April 15th and our home inspection Friday, May 6th. Fingerprinting is scheduled for next Wednesday. Step by step we are moving forward. :-)
I am thankful for God's perfect peace. God gave me this verse in Isaiah and I am writing it in the inside cover of my adoption journal -- "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you"
There is a lot of unknowns in the journey ahead, but I know if my mind is stayed on God He will give me peace in those unknowns. Trusting God in His timing and being content with my daily portion of "Manna" and not collecting more then I need or worrying about tomorrow. (Our small group lesson Monday night) Being content with Just Enough.....

So happy for you and praying for your process!!
ReplyDeleteWe seem to be around the same place in our journey to adopt from the DRC! And my husband is a youth minister too. :)
ReplyDeletewww.waitingonaword.blogspot.com
WHOOT!!!! super exciting and taking those steps in faith are so much fun? I don't think that's the right word...but you know what i mean, you are feeling it too!
ReplyDelete