Friday, March 11, 2011

Home Study Begins - Let's get RADICAL!

Yesterday sent off our first ten pages of paperwork to begin our home study.  To say that I am excited is an understatement.  I  never thought I would be this excited to fill out pages of paperwork.  I am sending off a few more things today. 

Amazingly my heart has this steady peace.... from a God who is taking this journey with me....walking with me step by step.  He has given me an amazing support system, prayer warriors, an amazing church family, friends that call and listen to my every detailed account of what is going on, even if I am only recounting my success at completing a pile of paperwork. 

I also received the best compliment EVER.  My dad made a funny comment about not being sure how either one of his daughters turned out.  I cocked my head at him and demanded to know what was wrong with how I turned out.  He said,  "I guess your doing alright, living in your own radical way!"  RADICAL!  I could of easily taken that as an insult but I grabbed it and smiled. Whispering the word "Radical" and letting it roll off my tongue, savoring the sound of it.

Radical defined as: thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms

It almost makes me want to laugh hysterically.  For how traditional and comfortable we so easily become as Christians.  Safe Faith vs. Save Faith --

I can say honestly thank you God for turning me inside out, upside down and teaching me to see as you see.  I know I have a long way to go.... but I want to keep going....

So some people don't get me, but that doesn't matter.  God gets me.  God has me.  That matters.


I will leave you with this quote from the befitting book titled: "Radical: Taking back your faith from the American Dream" by David Platt.

"Throughout this book we have explored a variety of bold claims about our purpose in life that are contained in the gospel yet contradicted by the American dream.  Claims such as these: Real success is found in radical sacrifice.  Ultimate satisfaction is found not in making much of ourselves but in making much of God.  The purpose of our live transcends the country and culture in which we live.  Meaning is found in community, not individualism; joy is found in generosity, not materialism; and truth is found in Christ, not universalism.  Ultimately, Jesus is a reward worth risking everything to know, experience, and enjoy."
This book will soon be arriving in my mailbox and I thought it a bit funny that my dad used that word since that it is exactly what I am seeking to be....RADICAL

3 comments:

  1. Exciting news Tessy!! God works in wonderful ways. His timing is perfect. Excited to see that the ball is rolling if it is seems to fast at times, God has a plan! Let's get Radical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you typed your dad said RADICAL...I SMILED SO BIG!!! Our preacher consistantly calls Jesus radical and tells us we should be too. I mean, spitting in mud and putting it in someones eyes to make them see? Pretty Radical!! AWESOME!!!! we had tons of paperwork to fill out too, i am wondering if it's the same stuff because ours is for fostering/ that may turn to adopting. love sharing this journey with you sis!
    m

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...