Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Parents Day


Fun fact: In Congo, there is no Mothers Day or Fathers Day, but they do celebrate Parents Day! On the 1st of August every year children choose to honor their parents through hand-crafted gifts, songs and special events and activities.

 

I will never forget the day I met you for the first time
how your lanky body caved into mine
a bit unsure, but some how you knew
we were there for you
now it is quite different when you waller, er, um snuggle me
you grew so much that first year
and just keep growing, growing, growing
we've been going through some "stuff"
and you seem to keep testing me
I am not going anywhere
except maybe down to my knees
I won't give up on you
so please don't give up on me
we will just keep growing together
through you I'm learning to love
in a way I have not yet experienced
and maybe the depths of that love
compared to how I loved before
reflected back something savagely shallow
for you, my son
I want to go deeper 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...