Before I left the country of the DRC, I promised this woman that I would let America know her story. I promised that I would do what I could to help her God sized dream be accomplished. Her passion to educate the children stirred me deeply. When she hugged me good-bye I could see the hope in her eyes. I have not stopped thinking about my promise to her. How could I refuse to help. I have never been to a place that twisted my heart & stomach so painfully -- yet the potential was so great, it spurred something deep within. Will you watch her story and pray how you can help? Maybe it is only by being a voice and sharing it with your friends, maybe it is to join me in praying for this orphanage and the children there, or maybe it is to give. Whatever your part it will make a difference in the lives of these children -- and many, many, more.
Next time I will hire a cool voice over guy..... But it is the
message that counts.. Let's raise $$ for this school and buy some
mosquito nets!! Are you with me? Watch and share with your friends.
Goal: To raise $500 for the school at Kaka (through yard sale and
donations) and get 10 people to donate $10 to buy a mosquito net in
April through http://www.nothingbutnets.net/
School for Kaka:
Total Project Goal to raise: $6000.00 (updated)
Raised so far: $3000.00
My personal goal with your help: $500.00
Cost for a piece of tin for the roof: $15.00
Will you please pray about how you can join me on this project? Maybe
you can host a yard sale yourself - (or help with ours) maybe you can
send in $15.00 for a piece of tin for the roof - but know that every bit
helps. I will be collecting $$ for this project and then will send a
check to the agency or if you feel more comfortable you can send the $$
directly to the agency.
Donations can be sent directly to:
Wasatch, 1140 36th Street #204, Ogden, Utah 84403 - please memo: School for KaKa
If you do send your donation directly will you e-mail me privately at
fullertessy@yahoo.com just so I can keep track of meeting our goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment