I won't forget the miracle of you...never
all the miracles in between that took us one step closer
today I cried
over the miracle of a heart healed by an amazing God
a mother's prayer that was carried across continents and miles
God, you held his heart, all its scars, hurts, disappointments
and you loved him more then I could ever love him
you held him, when I could not
when I felt helpless and tossed and turned at night
you were there with him preparing his heart to love, to trust
when I felt my heart would break with longing to be there with him
to embrace my boy and kiss away the scowl on his face
you would touch my heart as well...giving perfect peace
and assure me that my heart needed time as well
for you to mold it, prepare it, so I would be ready for him
today I praise you
for a sweet little boy who has a smile that lights up my world
and perfectly curled eyelashes that fairly make a gal swoon
for a little boy who tells his mama he loves her when she tucks him in
I cherish the random hugs that prick my eyes with tears
I notice how his little tongue hangs out whenever he concentrates
and I love to hear him laugh -- it reminds me I need to laugh more
lighten up and live deeper
and oh, oh, oh - there have been hard times
when he would push the boundaries and his Congolese stubborn pout
would form, his eyes refusing to make contact with mine
trying to convince me to give in
with tough love and more prayers.. we pushed on
and he learned that even with boundaries came love
unconditional love
and I hope Zalen Moise, you always know that
because sometimes my sweet boy I will mess up
and I will not know what to do
but I pray you will know that my love, God's love is just that
unconditional
I can't wait to get to know you more
to understand your silly antics and to engage in the stories you tell
so much to look forward to as we both grow together
as mother and son
but as I eagerly look forward I do not want to forget all that got us here
the healing of the heart that happened
before I was ever on the scene
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalms 147:3

No comments:
Post a Comment