Take me to another page....
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Phase 2 & 3 - Adopting by Faith
"Do not let this happy trust in the Lord die away, no matter what happens. Remember your reward! You need to keep on patiently doing God's will if you want Him to do for you all that He has promised. His coming will not be delayed much longer. And those whose faith has made them good in God's sight must live by faith, trusting Him in everything. Otherwise, if they shrink back, God will have no pleasure in them." Hebrews 10:35-38
Up to this point I have had a "Happy Trust" in the Lord as we went forward on our adoption journey. But through the past week and as we head into Phase 2&3 I have really felt tested to keep that trust. I had some self-doubt creep in and some issues that has really pressed on us financially - when we are already sacrificing much financially. I rolled around in some self pity for awhile and then called a friend and asked for prayer on facebook. It is never easy to admit your weaknesses but God reminded me through a timely devotion that when you "NAME IT" suddenly it isn't so shadowed anymore. As I started to "NAME IT" the fear, the doubts, the unknowns..... God lifted my head up and cleaned the mud and the muck that I had allowed to distort my vision. And then once again the miracles started rolling in.... BENIAM passed court! What? For Real? I ran and grabbed my journal and wrote beside his picture a very big PRAISE GOD! Then onto our jump up and down and do the hula adoption dance (we have been doing a lot of those lately!) Then a phone call later that evening -- another miracle on how God pleaded the case of a guy in our church who we had been praying for. God worked out every detail.
There is no room to shrink back. I must trust God in EVERYTHING. The timing of when we will travel, the elections going on in Congo, and especially the financial end of things. I don't know how this is all going to play out and if I focus on the unknowns that is when my faith falters. I must focus on what I do know and that is I can trust God in everything and with everything. If I am being honest... FAITH is all we have. We have exhausted our finances/savings in the first phase of this. It is now up to God how He will provide. We will be fundraising, and we are filling out grants, and will do our best to do our part, but the blessing will flow from Him. This is his plan for our family. Now I just need to patiently keep doing God's will and rely on the truth that not once has He ever let me down. Not once.
He worked in Phase 1 a miracle -- it was just in time. PRAISE Him- for He is able. I received about ten documents all in French that are all one step closer to Moise with a note that my paperwork is going through quickly. PRAISE Him - for He is able. My home study is done and approved and we sent out our first grant application today. PRAISE Him - for He is able.
So... many of you have asked "WHAT IS NEXT?"
First and foremost - Will you pray like crazy? Add our family, the DRC, and Moise to your prayer lists, to your church prayer lists. I want God to lead the way in our every decision. The DRC will be having elections in November and things are getting pretty heated. Pray that God will be in these elections and that the result will keep the adoption program open. There is issues concerning all of this including safety and a possible earlier travel time then originally expected if paperwork goes through. Many details that we need to work out. Pray for our director as well as she is trying to get children/families home, yet also keep them safe. Also please pray for God's favor as we send out these grants. We sent out our first one today and are working on several more.
Fundraising.... Our next big fundraiser will be our T-shirts. We are working on getting these designed and I am hoping to get a design out soon and start getting pre-orders. I am also planning on doing a bake sale in August as well and in September we are hoping to do a dinner/silent auction. Many of you have mentioned doing your own fundraisers for us on your own and I thank you so much for this!!
Due to possibly traveling sooner then expected we are combining our Phase 2 and Phase 3.
Phase 2: Raise $9,250 - *$750 (need by mid August) $8500 - remaining foreign fee
Phase 3: Travel Fees -$8,500
Let's not shrink back - and may God take pleasure as we rally to bring one of His precious children home to his forever family. Moise - we love you and we are exerting our every effort and every prayer to bring you home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment