Thursday, July 14, 2011

He is more then able....

*****UPDATE - PHASE 1 COMPLETE -- GOD is GOOD.  The Body of Christ is AMAZING.  Lov-EEEE each of you!!!   

 A week of miracles last week followed by a test to be resilient this week and keep trusting.

Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
(Psalm 5:11-12)

Aleigh's joke of a Dr. appointment was very disappointing, but I know I gave all my anxiety to God on Sunday morning at the altar and I will not pick it back up and I will keep praying that God will perform a miracle on my little girl.  He is more then able.

I also SHOUT FOR JOY - because yesterday I received the wonderful e-mail that read "Your Home Study is Approved!"  Yeah - another step forward.  Next week I will be sending out several grants so I am asking for some fervent prayer that God will surround us with favor in this area.  Also pray that my I600A will just whiz right through immigration.  Once we complete Phase 1 - We will have to move into Phase 2 which is raising the rest of our Foreign Fee.  He is more then able.

So where are we at with Phase 1 - Just shy $70.  I counted it all up last night knowing I was really close...... Just $70 away from sending in my check to officially accept my little boy.  We have put in all we can put in out of our budget -- I have a home study review bill and travel costs to pay from my home study.  If 7 people donate $10 we are there. A humble, I wish I could squeeze and hug the bejeezits out of you, your the bestest, thank you to each of you who helped us get to where we are at.  You know who you are. 

I watched Hotel Rwanda last night and what a heart wrenching story.  It really puts America to shame.  Me to shame.  My heart longed for Moise and I prayed earnestly that God would transport some of my mommy love to his little heart because I just wanted with all my might for him to feel wanted.  Not just by me, but by God as well, who has a plan and purpose for his little life.  I have so much...so many have so little.  Still trying to grasp hold of this.  Moise possibly is getting a meal once every other day and sleeps on a slab of concrete.  Every time I eat I think of him.  I feel weird to say I'm hungry, when I have abundance.  I am never really hungry.  Every time I lay on my pillow-top bed I think of him.  He does not even have an ounce of fat on his little body to cushion the hardness of the concrete.  One of the adoptive moms who is also adopting from the same orphanage we are is heading up a project to fund bunk beds for the orphanage.  Check out her blog Beds 4 Cohen's Buddies  I wish I could help with this project but right now our focus is on bringing home Moise.  So my way of helping - is to share it.  Hoping that a church would see raising the funds for a bed as a mission project or a small group would work together and raise the funds for a bed.  This project will benefit the 37 children that are still waiting for forever families.  So even if you can't give, use your voice and share this project.  Be a voice for the children who have none.  And even with this I believe that He is more then able.

Where are we at with our fundraising?  So I still have 16 lollipops left - so if you would like some more let me know.  I am still selling coffee from my Just Love store front.  We are currently working on T-shirts.  Special thanks to my friend Russ who has been helping me with this project.

Rejoicing and ever so thankful that I can give this to God, trust him with all the cares of my heart, also so thankful I can trust you with the cares of our heart knowing you will lift us up and pray for us and rally around us because that is just the kind of people you are.  :-)

*Update: Just read this great blog post by Jen Hatmaker - Fighters - and I loved it.  I think sometimes we struggle to share where we are at, thinking we have to put on happy face and go forward while we are silently suffering inside.  NOT SO.  So I really LOVED this.. "Christian community, let us not fear real emotion attached to struggle, confusing it for a lack of faith. Like I heard recently: It makes sense that the Holy Spirit is called a Comforter, because if you actually follow where he leads you, you're going to need one. It would be easier to lead a safe, comfortable life, void of sorrow, unattached to human suffering and bubble wrapped within the predictable western Church. But alas, I can't find that brand of discipleship in Scripture, and believe me, I've looked." 

Phase 1:







Fundraising Ideas



powered by:
Easy Fundraising Ideas



2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing how He is with you...and is more than able.

    your heart cry for your mother love to be transported to moise is just so deeply touching...as i imagine how your sweet son was loved on by the Great I Am Himself...

    blessings my friend. and love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you stories that would make the hair in the back of your head stand at attention, on how on our first ( and now second) adoption was in HIS hands, and HE made sure we knew about that. lol. Because so many things happened that it should have been impossible, but they kept falling into place.

    SO excited for you!! Our daughter in now in Kinshasa and we got a picture of her that was taken on Wednesday. SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We can't wait. Looking forward to your continuing story.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...