Thoughts on Adoption, Africa, Congo, Orphans are consuming me. When God opened my eyes, my heart it was a flood gate and I am still trying to wrap my mind around all of it. I spend evenings researching, reading, and learning everything I can (usually staying up too late) and it is the first thing I think of when I wake up. I have to admit, at times it can be a bit overwhelming. I told my husband that I think that I am suffering from jet lag as my mind races back and forth between here and Africa on a regular basis.
I never knew what a time consuming process just finding an agency would be. I never knew I would actually get turned away because they weren't taking applications. With millions of orphans, it seems no one should be turned away. Wistful thinking I know. I continue to pray and wait. Trusting that God's way is higher then mine.
I am thankful for those that are sharing their stories with me. I am thankful for the encouragement I am finding from complete strangers. I am thankful that others are so open to help, share, and provide resources.
Right now I am waiting... waiting to get on a waiting list. Praying that God will open a door. I am not sure what lies ahead but I know that God will be there every step of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment