Sunday, January 6, 2013

EPIC date approaches..Preparing to Celebrate!!

January 15th is quickly approaching - Our anniversary of our one year "GOTCHA DAY!"  I am excited about celebrating this milestone.  It will forever remain an EPIC day in my book.  Last Friday we had our last post adoption visit.  The only thing left to do is our re-adoption and make him officially a Fuller.  We have tried to do this a few different times (I am a procrastinator but not like a year later one) and ran into dead ends due to lack of knowledge on how to go about it.  I don't think it is difficult, but not a normal thing in my little po-dinky county.  After talking to our caseworker I know we will get this accomplished soon!

To celebrate I have several things I want to do:

Share our "never seen before" GOTCHA day video (if I get it done in time- :D)


  • Make cookies in the shape of Africa (with my wonderful African cookie cutter from the Wallace family)
  • Play some fun Congolese games with the kids.  I already had the idea to play some sort of game where you balance things on your heads.  Also, there was a game that Papa John played with Zalen's first friend Brittnelle at St. Annes.  It was a clapping, kicking game.  When I googled this I found this AWESOME link to play TOBETA MABOKO.  It also had the idea of the head balance relay race and few other ideas including a Congo flag for the kids to color.  Check it out at ---------> Suggestions for groups 
I am very excited to celebrate this milestone.  What a year it has been!  God is good. I love my family!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your happy post.  Will look forward to see your "gotcha" video.  Congrats to you and your very lovely family!  We share your happiness and agree that God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...