Monday, May 14, 2012

Dear Birth Mother

Dear Birth Mother,

I can't but help think of you as Mother's Day approaches.  I wonder what you look like and what features of yours does Zalen have?  I like to think that he has your laugh.  I love to hear him laugh.  And oh that stubborn streak he has... I wish you could whisper to me the secret on how to wage against it more effectively.  Did he get that from you as well?

I wonder if you are still living or if circumstance and tragedy took your life?  What road did you have to walk?  I can't but hope that some day we will meet in heaven and share stories of how God crossed our paths.  I have so many unanswered questions and if you still live I am sure you do as well.  I wish I could let you know that your son is safe and loved but most of all happy.

I would ask you about the day he was born and what you named him.  I wonder what dreams you dreamed for him?

I would tell you that I made a promise to love your son always and forever and I would do my best to raise him to be a kind God-fearing man.  I would tell you that I could never replace you and understand that my gift is the result of a sacrifice that was made....to give him up.  I will cherish this gift of motherhood you have given to me... and will not take it lightly.

So many thoughts and emotion swirling in my head...  and words seem inadequate.  I thought of you today and think of you often.

Love,
Me  


1 comment:

  1. WantedOurBaby.blogspot.comMay 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM

    So beautiful, I think every adoptive mother thinks these same things! 

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...