God is GOOD......all the time.
Craig and I are sending our application out today to adopt from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Yes, we are going through a door that I thought was closed. But even in my indecision God gave me a verse about how MY GOD was a GOD who could move MOUNTAINS. I had a choice, to believe it or move on. I chose to believe.
After whining to God about how hard it was to make this decision about a program or an agency I still felt helpless to make a decision on what to do. After praying and sitting silently it came down to a gut check and I knew that my heart was wrapped up in the DRC and that it had been from the start. The program that some people had actually recommended not to adopt from because it was such an unstable program. Besides, it had been over two months and it seemed unlikely that the agency I had decided on was even going to be accepting applications. So I chided myself and resigned because what else could I do? So I sat and stared at the mountain.
The road to adopt from the DRC seemed like a narrow one but at the end of it was the cry of a child. A child that was possibly mine. So do I walk away in defeat or get on my knees and pray to a God who was bigger then my doubts, bigger then my fear, bigger then the DRC government......
On Wednesday night, after a day full of discouragement, not in just adopting but other areas, my husband and I prayed desperately and honestly. We went to bed unsure, no decisions made, no answers heard, but confident that we had put all of it into the hands of who it all belonged, our Mighty God.
I woke the next morning with a whisper in my heart - "Do you want me to move this mountain?" I don't know if it is really allowed but I almost told God - "Duh! Of course I do!" He responded, "Duh, then ask me. Don't whine about it. Just ask." And so I did. With my feeble faith, I asked. With renewed determination I went to my e-mail and located the name of the Director for the DRC program. I found her on facebook and sent her a message, secretly wondering if she was going to think I was crazy. "I have to know if this program is closed before I proceed to go with another, if you could please just let me know." She did not know me from anyone. I called a couple of friends and told them to pray and then I waited. It wasn't long before she wrote me back with a phone number saying that she would be willing to talk with me.
I did not know what I would hear on the other end of the conversation that evening. It would either lead to a beginning or an end. So I kept praying. I kept repeating the verse God gave me and I clung to it, and rested in its promise.
That evening the phone rang and I could hardly contain my excitement. I was amazed at how quickly I felt at ease and it wasn't long into the conversation I felt I was talking with an old friend. I was amazed at the heart of this woman I barely knew, but had heard very good things about. It was easy to hear her heart for the children in the DRC as she answered each of my questions patiently and honestly. Then she said the words, "Send in your application" and I watched my mountain collapse into a pile of rubble. We will review it and put you on the list.
THE LIST, the wonderful waiting list. This begins the journey!
I am unsure how all this will go and I know this is just a tiny smidge of the journey ahead of us but it is a beginning. So today I am rejoicing at the simple beauty of the amazing blessing in a beginning.
Lesson Learned: Sometimes, we easily see a closed door and choose to go through the wide open one. But what if God wants to take you down the risky narrow road with a seemingly closed door. What if He offers His hand and asks if you trust Him. You may question as I did - "What if I take it and go running full steam ahead and we just crash into it and I end up with a concussion?" And He may question "What if you don't and you miss the Divine moment I have before you because your scared and unwilling to step out in Faith?"
It came down to one probing question, Do you believe? Can your God move mountains or not?
Mine Can!
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TESSY!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!! My heart is welling up and pouring tears out my eyes! Twice today you got me teary girl!!! I am SO excited and so blessed I was invited to share this journey with you!!! Love you and PRAYERS constantly heading your way!!!
ReplyDeletewow. you've put tears on my face and smiles in my heart! celebrating with you and for you!
ReplyDeleteOh Tessy.....so wonderful. So very wonderful. I particularly liked the line about hearing your child's cry. Somewhere out there your child IS waiting and God already knows who he or she is. God is big. God is good.....even when we do not believe or struggle in our faith. The adoption journey taught me SO MUCH about God and his riches, mercy, love and blessing. You are already experiencing that!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful this working for you. Faith is an amazing thing, isn't it? Blessings to you. ~Denise
ReplyDeleteI never did get an email from you but I got your post on my blog. Can you try again? youneek6@peoplepc.com
ReplyDelete