Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kaka School Update

looking back...

I came back from Africa with my son...
and realized I never would be the same.
Part of my heart was gone
and would forever remain in the Congo,
the birth country of my Zalen.
As I grieved and struggled to find my place
after the airport
so many of you rallied around me
listened to this new heartbeat
that God created through the broken
and instead of rolling your eyes
you joined in
to buy mosquito nets on World Malaria Day
you joined in
and donated items and helped me with the yard sale
for this school...for the children I left behind....

A little over a year ago I was here...
taking in all of this
and realizing compassion was not enough
 

and now...


The school at Kaka is almost complete!


Thanks to a lot of people working together to make a big difference!
Small added up quickly.
My timid of goal of raising $500 for this dream was blown out of the water
I think all together we raised around $1,100 through donations/yard sale
Many other people around the country joined our efforts.

I am very thankful for the non-for-profit who partnered along side our agency
to take this project to completion.  I seriously love Mama J.'s pet projects!  
Hopefully, I will get to meet the founders, the Boe family, at the annual 
"Golf for Congo" fundraiser this summer in Wisconsin ----> June 17th, 2013
Make sure you like their page because they are doing some great things in the DRC!




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Tessy. Good video and how wonderful to see pictures of the school now!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...