Saturday, December 10, 2011

DRC Elections & Keep Praying...Important dates ahead

Sipping my coffee on a Saturday morning and listening to the kids play. Life is good, but I miss him. A little more of my heart tends to slip away each day, leaving a void only God can fill with his amazing presence. I don't pretend to understand it, but I am thankful for this peace. If my emotions niggle in and try to convince me to worry, then the promises in His word stand strong.  So do the many prayers you are praying for us, for Moise, and for the DRC.

It was a strung out week, but finally on Friday the election results were announced that Kabila had won. Of course, this is being contested. You can read more here... Court reviews DRC vote amid fears of Kabila bias.  The official naming of the president will happen Dec. 17th.  My embassy appointment Dec. 19th.  I am really going to need some rev'ed up, serious praying going on.  Let God hear the cries of his people...may His mighty hand go before us and make the way.

Yesterday I was just going about my normal business when I heard a bird cheeping like crazy.  It made such a sound that I sauntered over to the kitchen window to peer out, rubbing the condensation off I spotted a bird on the patio table.  I looked around for a companion that he was maybe chattering endlessly at, but saw none.  Soon, the commotion gained the kid's attention and they wanted to see the bird making such a ruckus.  He was just cheeping away flitting to the right and left like he was there to give me some important message.  I had hoisted Avery up to see and she whispered, "Mom, what is that bird saying?" When she asked, suddenly my weighted heart collided with His word....

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Is  (insert personalization) Zalen Moise more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26 NIV)  Oh, how my heart smiled.  God speaks in mysterious ways. Then today I read this about prayer.....

"He is not a deaf god like the god of deism, but a caring and active God. He transcends His creation, but is immanent—or active—in it. No prayer is too small for God to hear. Neither is any prayer too large for God to handle. 
As Christ said, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26 NIV) The answer to the question asked by Jesus is that we are indeed "more valuable than they," for we are created in God's image (Genesis 1:26), "we are God's workmanship" (Ephesians 2:10), and He loves us. An important step in receiving the blessings of prayer is to humbly and sincerely offer our prayers to God. Fortunately, we can do this anywhere and anytime, because prayer is always available to us. But we must take the initiative. If we do so, God is eager to hear us, comfort us, strengthen us, help us, and uphold us with His "righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:10)."


from "The Availability of Prayer" - Focus on the Family 


"WEAR YOUR SHIRT & PRAY" days continue...
Thanks girls for wearing your shirts and praying!!  It was about a year ago I was praying the little one on the right home from China to her forever family :-)

Still would love your photos of you and your crew wearing your shirts... Zalen's photo book is not complete... I need more pictures.  E-mail them to me at fullertessy@yahoo.com - Still want a shirt??  We still have some for sell.  Christmas special starts this weekend -- $15 a piece -- We have adult med. and lg. left and I would like to sell all the extras we have.  They do not only support us, they are a message of awareness to "Hear the Cry" of the orphan.  Could be a great Christmas present.  


Thursday, December 15th - paper drop off
   Please pray that all our paperwork will be order and this process goes smoothly.  Pray for the safety our lawyer and others that work for our agency that will be traveling - that God will protect them.

Monday, December 19th - embassy appt.
  Please just pray once again that everything will go smoothly.  Please pray for traveling mercies/protection so that the business that needs to be done can be accomplished.  Pray for the country of Congo that peace will be chosen over violence.  Also, please pray that Zalen Moise's visa will be issued in a timely fashion and that God will direct our steps as we plan when to travel... which will highly depend on when the visa is issued and if it is safe for us to travel.

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

Your prayers have surrounded us and we have felt the power of them.  I know that the peace I felt this past week was because of your prayers.  It can't be explained any other way.  I had so many text, leave me messages, and simply ask - How are you?  What a great family of God we have..... I am so glad that I am part of it.

Also, I am currently collecting children's vitamins for the orphanage.  If you are interested in helping with this, let me know.  We will only have so much room in our suitcases, but we want to do what we can to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Divine Moments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...